Guidelines for Cabin Users
All Scouting groups are welcome to use our
building. There is no charge to use the cabin, however we do ask that all users
respect our building and abide by the following guidelines:
- Please leave the building in the same or better
- There are two smoke detectors. Groups must
bring 9-volt batteries. Please test the detectors and report any problems.
- For fire safety reasons, do not bar the front
door while the cabin is occupied.
- Firewood is the responsibility of the cabin
user. There may be a supply on hand. Please replace what you use.
- Due to vandalism, vehicles should be parked
overnight at the Department of Transportation compound. They maintain 24/7
- A key to the gate is available at Dept. of
Transportation gatehouse, providing you can present a valid Scouts Canada
- Groups must submit a permit to Halifax Region.
These are available on the "Miller's Lake Info" page above.
- Cabin users must bring their own lanterns,
stoves, and fuel.
- The water in Miller's Lake should be considered
suspect. Lake water MUST be treated before use, or a supply should be
- Please sweep floors before departing.
- Dishes are kept in the large boxes under the
counter. Please clean and return after use.
- Keys to the cabin should be returned as soon as
possible after use.
- Groups should decorate a plaque and mount on
wall and sign our guestbook.
-Please send us any comments - concerns,
suggestions, questions etc.: